A multi-day, multi-faceted event like The Great Canadian Cheese Festival relies on volunteers to make it all happen. We need a large, enthusiastic group of worker bees and a handful of take-charge people to lead teams of volunteers. Volunteering with The Great Canadian Cheese Festival is a fun and rewarding experience where you get to work alongside experienced event co-ordinators and famous Canadian chefs—and don't forget the delicious cheese! Culinary students and interns, community members, foodies and everyone with a passion for Canadian cheese are encouraged to join the effort.
We need a wide range of skills and experience:
· Registration staff and admission ticket takers
· Parking attendants
· Tasting ticket sellers
· Tour guides
· Cheese-prep teams for the tutored tastings
· Culinary teams to work with chefs
· Set-up and tear-down crews
· Team leaders.
Volunteers will receive:
· A colourful Cheese Festival T-shirt
· Tasting tickets or a lunch (depending on shifts worked)